If you’ve ever received a call, from the number 01134870430 it could be BW Legal Debt Collectors trying to reach you. They are one of the debt collection agencies in the UK.
If you’re wondering why they’re reaching out, to you it’s likely because they believe you may have debts with them. To learn more we recommend checking out our guide.
Table of Contents
Who Called You From 01134870430?
If you receive constant calls from 01134870430, it is none other than BW Legal Debt Collectors. They may try to contact you by using this phone number after they have identified that you may owe debts to one of their clients.
Also, you need to become aware that these calls are made automatically with the help of a computerised system, and once you answer the phone call, it will be transferred to a human, which is why you may get constant calls from 01134870430.
Who Is BW Legal Debt Collectors?
01134870430, or BW Legal Debt Collectors, is proven to be the largest debt collection agency out there in the UK. And they are authorised and regulated by both Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SCA).
They are a debt collection agency that works on behalf of a broader range of organisations, either by buying off their debts and trying to recollect for them or by working as a debt collection agent helping organisations recollect their debts. Their main clients include:
- Utility providers (gas and electricity) such as N Power.
- Virgin Media
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Credit Card Companies
- Phone Companies like O2 & EE
Beating BW Legal Debt Collectors
One way to eliminate some of your debts is by writing off some of them. When it comes to handling debts in the United Kingdom, there are strategies (Debt Solutions) that you can consider. It’s crucial for you to determine the course of action as it can safeguard you against difficulties.
Some of these options you can consider include:
Is 01134870430 or BW Legal Debt Collectors legit?
The answer to this question is that 01134870430, or BW Legal Debt Collectors, is a legitimate debt collection agency. It is primarily because the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) have regulated them.
What Happens if You Never Answer When 01134870430 Calls?
While it’s not legally required to answer all the calls from 01134870430 or BW Legal Debt Collectors, it is highly recommended not to do so. It’s because by engaging in communication with the debt collection agency, you can easily gain a deep understanding of their reasons for contacting you.
Also, in certain instances, your debt might get eligible to write off especially if they are older than six years without you:
- Making any payments against the debt.
- Having any written communication with BW Legal.
- Acknowledging the debt.
Your debts would reach a statute-barred debt stage, after which BW Legal won’t have legal enforcement power to recollect debts from you.
Will BW Legal Debt Collector Take You to Court?
If you can’t come up with a good agreement with 01134870430 or BW Legal Debt Collectors to have the debt written off, you’ll likely need to settle it to avoid facing a court case. BW Legal will initiate legal proceedings to establish your legal obligation to repay the debt.
Your first indication of this impending action will come in the form of a pre-claim letter from the company title Letter Before Action (LBA). This letter will signal you that BW Legal will go to court if you do not interact with them or settle the debt before a due date mentioned in that LBA.
Subsequently, you will receive a claim form pack from the county court, which you must complete and return. The court will then decide whether to issue a County Court Judgment (CCJ), effectively commencing the process of legal debt enforcement. It could lead to county court bailiffs visiting your house to enforce repayment.
However, the decision of a court judgment can extend even further. These potential consequences include:
- Money being taken out of your wages/salary or pension payments.
- A charging order being placed on your home, eventually forcing you to sell it to pay the debt off.
- Getting Declared Bankruptcy
You must become extremely aware of these escalating legal repercussions to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to address the situation.
Stopping 01134870430 From Calling You
As you know, calls from 01134870430 are from BW Legal Debt Collectors. You can simply send a letter titled “Proof of the debt” requesting to send you a written copy of provable documents that show you really owe them. They are bound by law to reply you with proof. Sometimes they even stop bothering you if they are unable to prove the accusations regard to your debt.
There are two scenarios; if they are unable to provide evidence of your debts they will cease contacting you. However if they do succeed in proving that you owe them money you will need to repay the debt in order for them to discontinue their calls.
Alternatively, suppose you believe BW Legal Debt Collectors harass you. In that case, you should identify who the original creditor was, and you must contact them after you collect sufficient evidence about harassment such as:
- Letters sent by BW Debt Collectors.
- A list of dates and times you received calls from 01134870430.
- Ask neighbours or other people living in the house to give a witness statement.
You must send them a letter explaining that harassment is illegal in the UK. And that you want these phone calls to stop, or you will take matters further. However, to do this, you need to make sure that you keep a record of the letter that you may send while sending them the original copy via recorded delivery post.
Once you send them the letter, they must inform you within three days and notify FCA that they have made a complaint.
Finding Help With Your Debts
If you find yourself struggling with debt problems it would be beneficial to seek assistance, from the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). Their trained team can guide you through your situation and work with you to create a suitable plan for repaying your debts.
Additionally they can connect you with an expert who can provide guidance on debt solutions, such as establishing a Debt Management Plan (DMP) or considering a Debt Relief Order (DRO), in severe cases.
- 01134870430 is the contact number predominantly used by BW Legal Debt Collectors, which is the largest debt collection agency in the UK. This number may show up on your phone if you owe money.
- Options for Debt Write-Off: Did you know that in the UK there are ways for individuals to potentially reduce or eliminate their debts? Options such, as Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) and Debt Relief Orders (DROs) can be considered.
- Statute-Barred Debt: If you choose not to acknowledge the debt, refuse to communicate with BW Legal, and do not make payments for 6 years, the debt might become statute-barred and you are not required by law to settle the debt. Its because the debt it self become un enforceable in the court.
- BW Legal may not hesitate to take you to court. Legal action from them could result in a County Court Judgement (CCJ), wage garnishments, or even bankruptcy.
- Tired of the harassment? It’s crucial to gather evidence like call logs or recordings. You can then formally request the original creditor to stop BW Legal from calling you.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, you don’t have to go it alone. Places like the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide valuable advice, and professional debt counsellors are another reliable source of support.