If you have ever got a call from 02088142299, it is from Ruthbridge Debt. If you have a question in the back of your mind asking yourself why they are contacting you, the simple answer to it is that they may suspect that you may owe them debts. Have a look at our comprehensive guide to know more.
Table of Contents
Who called me on 02088142299?
If you are getting constant calls from 02088142299, it is from Ruthbridge Debt. This is a debt collection agency in the UK. They may contact you if they find out you owe them debts.
Beating Ruthbridge Debt Collectors
One way to alleviate a portion of your debts is by writing off some of them.
When it comes to handling debts in the United Kingdom there are strategies that you can consider. It’s crucial for you to determine the course of action as it can safeguard you against difficulties.
Some of these options you can consider include:
What is 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors?
Ruthbridge Debt Collection is a debt collection agency based in the UK that primarily targets data collection. This is the crucial part that helps with an effective debt collection process.
Regarding debt collection, Ruthbridge Debt Collectors tend to be more pushy as they have a policy of no-recovery, no-fee service for their clients. This means they will only earn income if they recollect debt from you.
Although they can be pushy, they will still be unable to use illegal practices due to tighter debt collection laws in the uk.
Is 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors a Scam?
No. Due to the shady nature of the finance and debt collection industry, many people have questioned whether the calls from 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors are legit.
The answer is that Ruthbridge is a legitimate debt-collection agency. They comply with the laws set by various regulatory bodies like FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) and more.
Who do 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors work for?
Unlike many other debt collection companies in the market, Ruthbridge Debt Collectors does not work only with a niche client base. Instead, they typically work with a wider variety of clients but mainly offer their superior debt collection services to some of the big banks like Bank of Ireland and TSB.
They would typically try to recover debts such as:
- Credit Card overdue
- Loan due
- Mortgage arrears
- Overdraft arrears
Why has 02088142299 contacted me?
You may have received a call from 02088142299 because Ruthbridge Debt may have received a request from one of its clients to recollect your debts.
It is also worth remembering that Ruthbridge debt collectors may only reach out to you via 02088142299 or some other phone number after you ignore its letters. They will also call you if they don’t have access to your address in the first place to send you debt collection letters.
Although they may contact you via phone, it is still important to remember that you should not panic about this, as, at times, they may reach out to you mistakenly.
Can I ignore Ruthbridge Debt Collectors?
It’s important to note that you are not legally obligated to respond to calls, from 02088142299. Instead you can politely request them to communicate with you through letters.
Opting for letters over calls is a choice because it allows you to gather legal evidence that can be useful in defending yourself against any potential court cases that may arise during the debt collection process. It’s crucial not to ignore the debt collector as this can help you avoid any impact on your credit score.
How do I stop 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors from contacting me?
Providing them one mode of communication is the answer to this. While you have the option to avoid reaching out to Ruthbridge debt collectors or any other debt collectors for that matter it is, within your rights as per the regulations set by the FCA to inform them of your mode of communication.
For instance if you believe that phone calls are not suitable you can request them to reach out to you through letters or emails.
Can I complain about 02088142299 or Ruthbridge Debt Collectors?
Yes, if you find it difficult to deal with Ruthbridge debt collectors as they are breaking the laws that the FCA set, you may be able to make a complaint against them. This law does not only apply to Ruthbridge but even to other debt-collection organisations as well.
If you feel that you must make a complaint against Ruthbridge debt collectors. Firstly you must make a complaint directly to them. Still, if they decide to ignore your complaint and carry out their unethical operation you can reach out to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), who may take further action against them.
Ruthbridge Debt Collectors or 02088142299 Contact Details
You may be able to reach out to Ruthbridge debt collectors via the following contact information:
|Postal address||Ruthbridge Ltd
86 – 94 High Street
|Telephone number||020 8814 2299|
- 02088142299 is a central contact number for Ruthbridge Debt Collectors, making it crucial for individuals to recognize it.
- A significant number of UK citizens have legal avenues to decrease or even potentially eliminate parts of their owed amounts.
- Ruthbridge doesn’t operate in isolation; they’re connected to prominent banks, including Lloyds Bank, TSB, Bank of Ireland, and MBNA. They act as an intermediary, managing debt collections for these banking giants.
- While the name might incite some concern, it’s vital to remember that Ruthbridge doesn’t possess the authority that bailiffs do. They can’t forcibly enter homes to reclaim items or assets.
- Empowered by the FCA regulations, individuals can request Ruthbridge to switch their primary mode of communication from calls (on 02088142299) to written letters, providing a record of every interaction.
- If you’re under the impression that Ruthbridge might have overstepped the guidelines set by the FCA, there’s a provision to lodge a complaint against them, ensuring they remain accountable for their actions.
- Beyond the calls from 02088142299 and the debts, it’s essential to remember that Ruthbridge’s team consists of trained professionals. They juggle their task of debt recovery with understanding and empathy, always aiming for a balanced approach.